Since I've been working around the clock for nearly the last two months at a STEM camp, I haven't had much time for my own tinkering. That doesn't mean I haven't been thinking. Many of my hours in the summer camp office have been spent watching Khan Academy, and reading textbooks. Nothing too crazy, but I'm trying to pick up on some higher level math to help my nearly endless ideas come closer to reality. Some good ideas, some bad.
I don't feel bad about not posting for a while because I'm just starting, and the real work is going to start when school gets in and I have access to a huge shop with lots more resources. What I've posted so far is just practice.
Since I've gotten back, most of my time has been devoted to editing footage from camp for their new website, and finally getting around to culling my photos from this summer. That's been a huge time suck, but it's fun and creative.
I'm moving all over the place here, but I'm going to jump back to my many project ideas. To list a few: camera gimbal/stabilizer, model rocket, motion detection/tracking software, and a shipping container house. Some are more feasible than others, and some aren't even all that special.
There isn't anything revolutionary about a model rocket for example. But it's fun, and get's me busy. There's actually a lot of backstory to that I'll cover when I actually do it, but I digress.
My goal for the next year is to just keep busy tinkering with, learning about, and building neat and cool gadgets, devices, ideas, what have you (this whole comma business is out of control...).
As school starts the 28th, I'll post more about my adventures in engineering!