Most of my first semester at BU was taken up with the RES. It was a neat project that let me get acquainted with the team, and establish myself as a hard worker.
On the first meeting of the year I was promised that this project would seem menial and boring, but that it was absolutely crucial. I embraced it as much as I could and in the end I would say that paid off. I have never been too sure of where I saw myself in relation to the team, and to be totally honest my interest in aerospace was never significant. Working on the RES turned me on to ground systems howevr.
Since August I've solidified myself in the team by taking on more significant projects. The most notable being ATLAS itself. I'm super excited to have taken this on. For the RES itself, it means I more or less have full control of the systems involved in logistics. In a broader sense, I'm glad that I've found something significant to take on. I will be posting updates on ATLAS as I make significant progress.
Linked is the critical design review for the Rocket Egress System. As of right now this is the final design and will be revisited when the time and funds come.